These recipes are for the 2019 Spring and Autumn Shows. Home Industries – Open Classes.
All are available as separate .pdfs at the bottom of this page.
CHEESE ‘N’ CHIVE MUFFINS
125g self raising flour
½ teaspoon salt
150g grated cheese
1 tablespoon fresh chives
1 Preheat oven to 190°C, 165°C or gas 5.
2 Grate the cheese into a bowl.
3 Add the flour and chopped chives into the bowl and mix together.
4 Break egg into a separate bowl, add the milk and whisk.
5 Pour the egg and milk mixture into flour and combine thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
6 Spoon mixture into the cases and place in the tin.
7 Bake for about 20 minutes.
8 Leave the cakes for a few minutes then put onto a wire rack to cool.
For the Show display three on a plate.
SPICY TEA BREAD
250g self-raising flour
1 level teaspoon mixed spice
½ level teaspoon each, cinnamon and ginger
100g soft brown sugar
50g mixed chopped peel
150g golden syrup
1 large egg, beaten
6 tablespoons milk
1 Preheat oven to 180°C, 160°C or gas 3.
2 Well-grease a 1kg loaf tin.
3 Sift flour, spice, cinnamon and ginger into a bowl.
4 Add sugar, sultanas and peel.
5 Melt margarine and syrup over low heat, stir into dry ingredients with egg and milk.
6 Transfer to prepared tin and bake in the centre of oven for 1 ½ hours. Leave in tin until lukewarm.
7 Turn out onto a wire cooling rack.
8 Store in an airtight tin when cold and leave 2 days before cutting.
For the Show present the whole loaf.
To eat, slice and spread with butter.
Makes about 12
150g rolled oats
100g soft brown sugar
50g golden syrup
- Preheat oven to 180°C, 160°C or gas 4.
- Well-grease a 20cm (8”) square tin.
- Put oats and sugar into the bowl and mix well together.
- Put butter and syrup into a saucepan and melt over a low heat.
- Add oats and sugar, mix thoroughly then transfer to prepared tin.
- Bake in centre of oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Cool slightly and then cut into approx 12 fingers.
- Remove from tin and transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container when cold.
For the Show display 5 on a plate.
PDF versions of the above recipes.
For our recipe archive visit here